It’s tough being a mom – we get it. You need to think about everything ahead of time. But, the one thing you can’t ever skip is a healthy breakfast!
What if we told you you could rush through getting yourself and your children ready AND have a healthy breakfast? With these tips, you can finally start your day with a quick and healthy breakfast.
Prepare a Healthy Breakfast Ahead of Time
Nobody has the time to prepare a gourmet breakfast from scratch, especially working mothers. Now, convenience is everything for busy moms. So one way to save time is to make a big batch in advance.
This could be any grab-and-go breakfast that you can make and stock in your freezer when you have the time. Here are some of our suggestions for a healthy make-ahead breakfast:
- Overnight oats – Make the night before and serve with your favorite fruits
- Chia seed pudding – Prepare the night before and top with fruits, nuts, or even chocolate
- Breakfast wraps – Prep the ingredients (scrambled eggs, chicken, sliced meat, chopped veggies) and wrap them in the morning
- Pancakes – Mix your family’s favorite pancake batter and grill them the morning after
- Granola bars – Make a trayful of bars and keep them in individual ziplock bags for extra busy days
Freezer Friendly Breakfast
For any working mother, you can’t expect freshly cooked breakfast every day. But nobody said a frozen and reheated breakfast tastes bad.
Certainly, it’s the best breakfast hack when your breakfast plan falls through the cracks. There are many recipes that you can prepare and freeze, then reheat in the morning.
- Waffles – Cook them ahead of time then freeze. Thaw them the night before and reheat them in the morning.
- Scramble Bowl – Freeze some cubed chicken or meats, potatoes, veggies and stir fry them with some olive oil, croutons, and spices.
- Egg White Frittata – Bake them in a muffin tray for individual servings and pop them in the microwave for breakfast.
Smoothies for breakfast are a quick and easy way to eat a healthy breakfast on a busy morning. These delicious smoothie recipes are high in fiber and protein, giving you energy throughout the day!
- Oatmeal Smoothies – Blend 1/4 cup of oats with 1/2 cup of yogurt, 3/4 cup of milk, and your choice frozen fruits
- Green Smoothies – Blend 3 cups of baby spinach with 1 orange, 1 frozen banana, 1 cup of frozen pineapple, and 1 cup of cold water
- Fruit Smoothies – Blend 1 cup of coconut milk with 4 tbsp orange juice, 1 cup frozen pineapple, 1/2 cup of mango, 1/2 of banana, and 2 carrots
- Breakfast Shakes – Blend 3/4 cup of greek yogurt with 1/4 cup of milk, 1 frozen banana, 1/2 tbsp of cocoa powder, 2 tbsp of nut butter, and 3/4 cups of ice
Easy and Healthy Breakfast Ideas for Busy Moms
When you’re a mom, you don’t always have time to think about breakfast for yourself, much less cook it. We understand, but breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and eating something nutritious to power your busy day is crucial.
Need an easy important meal of the day for the whole family? Our multigrain products will surely become the highlight of your day!